Friday, April 02, 2010

I am more than a conqueror


Today was a decent day. I saw my counselor again this week and he's given me another phrase to say. Enjoy the Journey. One thing I really struggle with is pressure to finish school. But where is that pressure coming from? Me...that's who. Who would've guessed...

I'm trying to reprogram the way that I think. Instead of putting myself down all the time I'm going to start giving myself reasons to be proud of myself. At least that's the plan.

The other plan to keep writing down my thoughts and feelings. The more I blog and journal the better I feel. Depression is NOT going to be the end of me...that much I am sure of.

Thanks to friends and family for the words of kindness and prayers. If I don't respond take it to mean that I'm out and about doing things and not just recluse.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey!
Look at me type a comment on your blog! HA!

The title of this post reminds me of the song "Desert" by Hillsong. Look up the lyrics or find it on youtube. It's an amazing song.

The third verse is:

"And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand"

Love it! The writer wrote it after losing her baby--what faith!

Love you and praying for you my friend! Amy