Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Don't cry over spilt creativity...

I feel that as of late I have been just oozing creative juice. (not to mention neglecting my blogger duties). I think in less than a month I've produced several drawings and a handful of paintings. And that is not even counting the ones I have planned for my near future. Sometimes I wonder why no one pushed me harder into Art. I'm no master by any means....and I couldn't touch my friend Ames with a 40 foot pole in the art Dept. But I find it like a breath of fresh air to put paint to a canvas or a pencil to paper. When I finish and my knees are cramped from sitting still so long I feel like I've released some kind of evil onto the canvas and it's trapped there forever and can never return to my body. Consider art to be my yoga. Instead of stretching I brush, instead of the standing dog position I have acrylics and charcoals. Most recently I went to Michael's art supplies. I haven't been there since I was very small. I know this because in my memory i remember Michael's as this huge art store crammed to the busting point with paper flowers, foam and paint. Going there several years later I find my initial impression wasn't far off. Except it isn't huge, it's tiny and crammed to the brim.

The other day I felt that ooze starting to spill out and so I grabbed my new paint from Michael's and a brand new canvas and let it spill out. what I got was boring and random, but I signed it and went to bed. Next day I looked at the canvas again...turned it upside down and grabbed a second canvas and begain sketching...after a few more dabs of paint out oozed this. I'm in love with it, abstract though it is.

I think that some day someone might buy a painting of mine, but as of right now....I'm signing up for oil paint classes.... I don't want to be famous...I just want that sweet oozey release!

No comments: