Monday, August 23, 2010

what I want

So much has been happening in the last few weeks. I have moved to a new town and a new apartment and I'm so very happy that I'm finally making a decision based on what "I" want. I want to be closer to my family, and I want to live closer to my boyfriend. I think I am finally, FINALLY, getting a life (Scott Pilgrim style).

For a very long time (i would say my entire life but i don't want to sound dramatic :P ) I have lived by my parents rules, the rules of my church or school or even my friends rules. But something inside me told me that I need to start doing things the way that I want to do them. I can't spend all my time trying to make everyone else happy, because it's impossible, and I will never achieve that. But something that I can do is make me happy. It sounds so selfish when I type it here. Like I'm all about me, but every once in awhile I think that it's important that you make a little room for yourself in your life.

Now, bring me that horizon....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to realize that you can't make everyone happy and living by your own standards is the best way to go. It's not selfish to want to be happy - you're not hurting anyone else! What's that saying? Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter? Sounds cheesey but it's true so ha! Anyway, I'm so happy for you! I'm happy that you're happy. ;)