Sunday, April 11, 2010

Growing Up...

I think something in head my head was loose...because it just clicked back into place. I think the piece that was missing was priorities.

Humans are so selfish. What's the first thing I think about in the morning: Myself, what I'm going to wear, what I'm going to do, eat. Who cares! People are so much more important. I have been ridiculously selfish lately. All I've been doing is feeling sorry for myself. How bored I am, how alone I am....

I remember once in High School someone told me that in order to have true joy you have to put others before yourself. There's such a push for people to be true to themselves and put yourself first because no one else does...well to that I say Bullshit! I have a huge support system in my life and I have gobs of people that care about me! Why do I need to come first. I am NOT defined by my popularity... I am defined by how much I care about the people around me.

So! Here's to growing up and setting yourself straight! I guess this was emotional spring cleaning :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Is it really so bad to put yourself first? If you can't satisfy yourself, how can you satisfy others?

Unknown said...

I wouldn't say to try and satisfy others... that would be near impossible. I just don't want to live for myself. Be true to who I am, but live for my family and friends. If i just live for me I'm going to get pretty lonely.